Friday 5 July 2013

School's Out!!

Having fun with Pre-Kinder
English class "up" with Kinder
Yesterday was my last day at Un Rincón de Alegría and part of me is super sad and the other part feels like I need a T-shirt that says "I survived Renca". I had my last evaluation of English on Tuesday and only had a couple of kids who have learnt nothing. I feel that if one child learnt one word then I fulfilled my job and it was definitely better than that! On Wednesday we had a goodbye lunch for me which was really awesome. As a special treat they roasted pork for me and made sure I got the best part i.e. fattiest part. They are still of the opinion that I am way too thin, I even got the nick-name "skinny" though in the endearing way that only Chileans can manage. The kids then sang me two songs, one in
English class with Pre-Kinder
English, and gave me a card with their thumbprints inside. I also received the school polar-fleece and hat which was very cool. Thursday was hard saying goodbye to all the kids especially since it's 'flu season and many were missing. I feel really blessed to have been part of their lives and am touched by the love they show to me. I hope that they also felt the love I feel for them.

Group hug!!!!
Now I have a week to deal with a nervous and excited stomach and to go shopping! Nah, I'm hopefully going to get a day in the mountains and a trip out to the coast as well. It certainly feels like home time is running towards me at an ever-increasing pace and I can't believe it's actually been 5 and half months since I arrived!

1 comment:

  1. Hot choc in Dunedin some time? Give me your timetable :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.