Tuesday 16 July 2013

Final Adventures

Valparaiso port
It is hard to believe that my last day has actually arrived. My stomach certainly knows so I am trying to stay busy! I had a very good last week with lots of shopping, catching up with people and relaxing. On Saturday we drove out to the coast and the beautiful cities of Valparaíso and Viña del Mar. It was about an hour and a half in the car and it was amazing to see the sea after 6 months! We drove up to a lookout point and let the boys out to run around for a bit. One of the attractions in Valparaíso are the houses. There is a section of the city where the houses are all brightly painted, very cool. The sad thing is that this is also one of the poorer areas of the city and they are all crammed together and perched on cliffs and in general disrepair. Certainly interesting to drive around. In the afternoon we continued up the coast to Viña which was full of high-rise apartments and also where you find the beach! One of the really cool things was the pelicans; hilarious looking birds and they make a terrible noise but awesome to see them not in a zoo. All in all a great day with the family.
with Pedro at the Naval Memorial

Waving hello to NZ
Armada of Chile





















Pelican!!







On Sunday I played flute in church with the music group. Absolutely no written music in sight which was petrifying for me but I ended up having a lot of fun. It was definitely sad to say goodbye to people at church but I'm looking forward to seeing my own church family soon!














with Pati and Carolina
Last night we had a goodbye party for me with about 25 people that I've become close to. We bbqed HEAPS of meat and I made pavlova and everyone danced until 1:30am and we had a super good time. There was also a time for people to share stories about me and also for me to thank everyone for their support and friendship over the last 6 months. They also prayed for me which was really special.





Now, I have the final packing to do and final goodbye to my wonderful Chilean family before getting on the plane home. While I'm excited to see my family and friends I'm also sad to be leaving the people here. It hasn't been an easy 6 months but it has been a good experience and I am really glad that I came.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.