Thursday 25 July 2013

Over and Out

I've been back in NZ for just over a week now and am finally over the jet-lag. Saying goodbye to my host family was extremely hard and I hope that we will see each other again. Pedro was very insistent that I stay or take him with me and Sammi was so angry about me leaving that he wouldn't say goodbye! The flight was long and boring but survivable and I was very happy to see my family at Dunedin airport.

Being home has actually been a bit odd and I keep looking around for a 2 year old or expecting to hear the street dogs barking. It is definitely a strange experience to have culture shock in your own country. In some ways Chile is starting to feel like a dream but I know that those memories will stay with me forever. I have also had some time to reflect and my overall feeling is positive. Yes, it was challenging and at times very stressful but I am really glad I went and stuck it out. I have grown so much as a person and feel blessed to have seen another part of God's world. It's awesome to see Him working somewhere different and helps me to see that we are part of a global church. I miss my kids from kindergarten and will continue to pray for their futures - the way forward for them is not easy.

Now I have about 5 weeks to get myself ready for the next adventure! Right now Germany doesn't seem appealing but I'm sure I will be ready when the time comes. I would like to thank you all for reading these blogs, for sending emails, praying for me and supporting me financially. I could not have done the last 6 months without you. God bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. Bien hecho, Anna.
    Me gustaba mucho seguir el viaje y tus experiencias por el blog.

    Que Dios te sigue guiando para el futuro.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.